What you need is:
2 1/2 tablespoons mirin (Japanese sweet wine)
1 clove garlic, minced
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/8 teaspoon monosodium glutamate (such as Aji-No-Moto®)
1/3 cup white sugar
1 pound beef sirloin steak, cut paper-thin
3 green onions, cut into 2-inch slices
* In a bowl, mix the mirin, garlic, soy sauce, monosodium glutamate, and sugar; stir to dissolve the sugar.
* Place the beef and green onions into the marinade, stir to coat with marinade, and allow to stand for 30 minutes. * Soak bamboo skewers in water.
* Preheat the oven's broiler and set the oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source.
* Roll a slice of thin beef around a piece of green onion; skewer the roll with 2 bamboo skewers, place about 1/2 inch apart.
* Repeat twice more, placing 3 beef rolls onto the 2 skewers.
* Repeat with remaining beef, green onion, and skewers until all the beef is rolled up. Place skewers onto a broiling pan.
* Discard used marinade.
* Broil until browned on both sides, about 3 to 3 1/2 minutes per side.
Amount Per Serving is Calories: 122 | Total Fat: 3.3g | Cholesterol: 24mg